For Immediate Release
OC production company, Change For Balance Productions, is set to premiere its award-winning documentary, “Equine Destiny,” at the Blue Planet Film Festival on Friday October 8th at 12:30 pm in Santa Monica. The film will also play on Saturday and Sunday at the same time.
“Equine Destiny” is a documentary that sheds light onto the dark world of horse abuse, neglect, and the slaughter of over 5,000,000 American horses to date.
Change For Balance Productions is comprised of three 25 year-old philanthropic filmmakers born and raised in Orange County. In “Equine Destiny”, they dive head first into a world none of them knew existed. They asked, “Why is an American icon being abused and slaughtered for profit?” By taking interest in only the raw facts, this film takes an unbiased approach to examining the political, social, and economic issues surrounding the issues threatening American horses.
The Blue Planet Film Festival is one of the only environmental/animal-welfare film festivals on the planet. Of more than 5,300 festivals around the globe, there are less than 60 that solely focus on these issues. Blue Planet endeavors to do for environmental films what Sundance did for indie films: branding a genre and making these films a staple of the general viewers cultural menu.
Change For Balance believes that America shines brightest when concerned citizens come together and support a common and necessary cause.
- Every year over 100,000 American horses are slaughtered for human consumption
- 92% of horses going to slaughter are in good condition (USDA)
- The equine population in the United States has expanded from 6.9 million to 9.2 million horses, an increase of 33%
- The American equine industry generates $39 billion every year
- View trailer and and learn about the film at www.EquineDestiny.com
- Buy tickets for film at www.blueplanetfilmfest.com
Film screening location:
1211 4th Street
Santa Monica, CA
Cell: (949) 293-4980